ยินดีต้อนรับครับ

ขอแนะนำให้ทุกท่าน สมัครสมาชิก เพื่อป้องกันการแอบอ้างชื่อครับ

Mark Mafia

ปริมาณ Ivermectin (ให้ทางปาก)
  • จากที่นี่ นะครับ

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=60642
    (Thank You Dr.Lee...ขอบคุณครับ)

What is the corrrect dosage of Ivermectin for treatment of Demodex mange?
    ปริมาณยา Ivermectin (ให้ทางปาก..ผสมอาหารหรือดื่ม) ที่ถูกต้องสำหรับการ
    รักษาโรคเรื่อนเปียก.

Good questions. I am sorry that you did not get your information answered at the office. Hopefully I can help.

Let me start with the dosing question first.

Dosing according to Plumb's Drug Handbook:
    ปริมาณยา อ้างอิงจาก Plumb's Drug Handbook:

Typical dose is 400-600 mcg/kg by mouth every 24 hours.
    (ให้ทางปาก..400-600 ไมโครกรัม/นน. 1 กก. ทุกๆ 24 ชม.
    ระยะเวลาการรักษา ควรเป็น 2 - 4 เดือน ตรวจผลโดยการสังเกตุทางกายภาพ
    ว่าหายดีแล้ว จึงขูดผิวหนังหาเชื้อ..โดยสัตวแพทย์ เพื่อยืนยันผลการรักษา)

10 lbs is 4.55 kg. Thus the daily dose is 1820 to 2730 mcg.
    Typical ivermectin is 10,000mcg/ml (10,000 ไมโครกรัม/ซีซี)
    Thus the typical dose is 0.18 to 0.27 cc by mouth every 24 hours.
    Some doses can go higher so I don't have a problem with 0.3 cc by mouth every 24 hours.

Your vet is actually being very conservative with the increasing of dosing. I would typically have you start low (subtherapeutic) and increase daily, not weekly until I got you to the actual treatment dose and then maintain until clinical signs resolve. I usually start at 1/4 or 1/5 of the dose and increase to a maintenance dose at day four or five.
    (ถ้ากังวลเรื่องการแพ้ยา สามารถเริ่มให้ในวันแรก 1/4 - 1/5 ของปริมาณที่คำนวณได้ข้างต้น
    สังเกตุอาการ ถ้าปกติ ก็เพิ่มยาวันละนิดจนครบโดส ในวันที่ 4 หรือ 5.)

So I think you vet is doing just fine. I might have stopped at 0.2 or 0.25 depending upon the case but I think 0.3 is just fine. Again: I am basing this of information of a healthy 10 pound non-ivermectin sensitive pet with a confirmed dose of demodex with a typical oral ivermectin medication.

Why the scare about ivermectin? There are some pets that cannot deal with ivermectin. If they cannot, a standard dose can lead to severe neurologic signs such as blindness, disorientation, coma and death. While we think of working breeds or dogs with "white feet, don't treat" as the only dogs not being able to handle ivermectin - any dog can have this problem. It has been identified as a mutation in the MDR1 (Mult Drug Resistance) gene. Washington State University does testing for $70. Owners can obtain a test, perform an oral swab and get results fairly quickly. Here is the website: MDR Testing Information.

Why step up incrementally? For dogs that are not suspected of having a problem with ivermectin, this is a relatively safe and effective way of 'testing' your pet. If they have a problem with ivermectin, then they will show clinical signs at the lower dose. The 0.1cc dose is not enough to treat demodex in a 10 lb dog but enough to typically show clinical signs if they are sensitive. If we started at a dose that would treat the demodex at 0.3cc and the pet had ivermectin problems - we would be a dose that could lead to serious life threatening problems.
    (มีสุนัขบางสายพันธุ์ที่แพ้ยานี้ และอาจถึงตายได้ เช่น Collies การให้ยาแต่น้อยในวันแรก
    จะทำให้การแพ้ยาไม่รุนแรงเกินรักษา)

How long to treat? Textbook is to perform weekly skin scrapings and continue treatment until there have been two negative scrapings. This is often very expensive for owners. It is common to continue until clinical signs have resolved and possible scrape at that time. Typical treatment courses will last 2 to 4 months.
    (ระยะเวลาการรักษา โดยให้ยาทางปาก ควรเป็น 2 - 4 เดือน, ตรวจผลโดยการสังเกตุ
    ทางกายภาพว่าหายดีแล้ว จึงขูดผิวหนังหาเชื้อ..โดยสัตวแพทย์ เพื่อยืนยันผลการรักษา)

Goodwinol Ointment? For single local spots of demodex, goodwinol is my treatment of choice. If we see generalized demodex (more than one spot), then ivermectin is currently the 'treatment of choice'. Goodwinol ointment at the same time will not necessarily increase response time.
    (ยาทา เหมาะสำหรับเป็นเฉพาะที่..จุดเดียว ถ้าเป็นหลายจุด ใช้การให้ยาทางปากดีกว่า)

Additional ointments or supplements? I do recommend Omega 3 fatty acids (fish oils) for demodex cases. (alright, I admit, I think I recommend this for many, many pets... ) I also think conditioning sprays, creams and shampoos can help with dryness.
    (แนะนำวิตามินเสริม Omega 3 แชมพู ครีม ฯลฯ สามารถใช้เสริมการรักษาได้)

Final note: Thanks hazelpackrun for the tip on this thread.

I hope this helps.

(Thank You Dr.Lee...ขอบคุณครับ)
  • ทุกวันนี้ผมให้กินอยู่วันละ 0.3cc หลังอาหารเช้า และก็หมักตัวด้วยสูตรหมาหมักขมิ้น เด็กเป็นเรื้อนอาการดีขึ้นคับ